Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Help -- advice on how to quit living in fantasy??

my therapist recently told me that the reason i am so unhappy and cannot move forward with my life, is because i live in a ';fantasy'; world in my head. I think she may be right. but i've been in that 'place' for 30 years! Can anyone else relate to this -- and how do i find REALITY when i don't feel like i ever really live there?? thanks.. ;-)Help -- advice on how to quit living in fantasy??
I know exactly how you feel, I'm constantly making up stories and fantasies that I turn to whenever I'm sad or upset. I've always done it, I think people like us may just be slightly more creative and fantastically inclined than most people. But, I don't really know. What I do when I need to escape the fantasy is talk to people, have fun with them, call my friends, talk to them online, have a normal conversation. I do whatever it takes to bring myself back to earth, and I try not to think about my fantasy worlds as much, though I keep them in the back of my mind for the times when I really need them. I think that's how it works. We have to try to live in the real world, but we can never truly rid ourselves of the worlds we created. They'll always be a part of us, we just have to accept it and move on with our lives, and be happy with the way that the real world is.Help -- advice on how to quit living in fantasy??
You could get out there and start a new interest which would expand your social life and take your mind off your fantasies.





To be honest, if they're not causing you any problems then you shouldn't worry about them. Some people do live in fantasy land and that's fine for them. Your therapist shouldn't be so judgemental. Sometimes fantasy is a useful escape from a difficult reality - it relieves stress and gives you a different perspective on your life.
what kinda fantasy world?


we all have one, trust me. you have to deal with it
go out with your friends
wat exactly.can u plz tell me abt it.i hav that prb with me.i hide that part from my psyctrist contact me at : addmeifulikeme@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment