Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm always late....I really want to ask if anyone could offer advice on how to achieve better punctuality.?

I appreciate anything anyone has to offer....sorry I have to run I'm late.I'm always late....I really want to ask if anyone could offer advice on how to achieve better punctuality.?
set all your clocks 15 minutes fast ... so when you think you are leaving the house at 6:30 it's really 6:15.I'm always late....I really want to ask if anyone could offer advice on how to achieve better punctuality.?
The things on not being late for anything is advance planning. Advance planning involve preparationtime ,allowance for transportation waiting time, travel time, allowance for traffic jam time, last but not least, discipline to follow the above guidelines (most important)
What worked for me is to really question what the good points were to my being late. For me, I realized that I didn't like arriving first somewhere: what would I do while I waited for others? Being alone made me feel abandoned. What changed for me was when I had a best friend who was always on time. One time, I prepared a dinner party for 14 people. My friend was on time and everyone else was a half hour late or more. I realized I wanted to be more like my friend. Now I enjoy being early or on time. I don't feel rushed or anxious, and sometimes I have a few moments just to myself to relax, maybe read the menu or people watch. I've completely changed.





I also took a one-day course from www.franklincovey.com, and they made some really good arguments for being on time. Basically, are you good to your word or not? When you say to someone that you will be somewhere at a certain time, you're giving your word. If you're not reliable on this one thing, why should they trust you on anything else?
maybe you could wake up earlier...

No comments:

Post a Comment