Monday, August 23, 2010

Any advice on how to deal with a lazy mother who does more than her share of messing up but doesn't clean up

I don't live with my daughter. I was away for a couple of days and came home yesterday to find that she had cleaned my house for me. It was wonderful. We love each other and help each other whenever we can. TALK to her!..Any advice on how to deal with a lazy mother who does more than her share of messing up but doesn't clean up
Move out. That'll fix her.Any advice on how to deal with a lazy mother who does more than her share of messing up but doesn't clean up
Yeah, my mum's a slob too. I think she has always been that way and she is too stubborn and resistant to ever change. Plus! is in total denial she contributes to the mess.





I am too old to be at home now and i am married with my two children. I enjoy the fact i can walk around my own home without falling over plates and dirty laundry and clothes ready to iron (that have been there since the dawn of time). You would think she would know better being in her 50's now! She has one other person to blame it on now and they just take it, so good luck!





So, without knowing any of your particulars, i suggest sitting her down and speaking with her about it.





Move out into your own place where you have control over your own housework.





Cleaning up your own mess and leaving hers. (Although i say that and i couldn't do it - especially when friends were going to be dropping by).





Confronting her might shock her into action. Good luck! P.S if you figure out a sure fire way, keep me posted i'd be interested to try it on my own mum. lol.
sure invite the church over and let them see it she start cleaning up after that . my opion?
If you are the daughter/son, may be she is trying to get revenge for all those years that you made a mess and never cleaned up!
If she pays all the bills, and you don't have to pay anything to live with her then I guess she shouldn't have to. But if that isn't the case, then move out, she wont change.
you don't have to clean it for her, just leave it until she clean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment