Sunday, August 22, 2010

I want to be a model. I need advice. How do I start?

Ok so I am 15 and I really want to be a model. Iam about 5'9'' and very thin. People tell me all the time I should be a model, and it's really what I want to do. I went to IMG.com, and it asked for body shots and head shots. I know what they are, but when I turn in photos to a company do they have to be professional? or could I just take some really good ones at home. What should I do? Who ever knows or has any tips for me please help me out. I would appreciate it.I want to be a model. I need advice. How do I start?
Ok im 13 and 5'8, Im a model and I started by taking Professional looking photos at home and I had them laminated and put in anice album....then I went to seventeen magazine with my portfolio and they had me do a test shoot.....and all you really need to do is be confident and stay in shapeI want to be a model. I need advice. How do I start?
Start with some experience.


when you get that go to a modeling agency and they will set you up with a photo shoot to get your Comp cards


then go to a big city like Miami or New York City for Go sees








*Do not pay for auditions, the only thing in modeling that you need to pay for is your Comp cards. Everything else your agency will provide
professional shots because then they'll know you're serious and not just some girl looking to be famous because of whatever reason


you should make a model profile on sites with your pictures, you can look it up on google but make sure it's legit first


talenthunter.com is one


then you'll want to find an agent, if they ask for money up front, walk


it's just a scam


and they should help you from there


good luck, (:
There's a lot of model questions today!


Okay I am a model, 13 about to be 14, 5'10';, runway.


I started when I was 12.


IMG is what you call a starter. They help people get their careers started!


All agencies prefer non-professional shots. They'll usually except professional ones, but they like to see you in the raw.





If you have any more questions, email me graceekemp@aol.com
get on model mayhem after you have some shots done. honestly depending on what market you would like to be in





commercial


editorial


etc.





you can really get away with taking some polaroids of yourself and even on iphoto if you have a MAC to begin. just make sure they are tastefully done and look more natural. since they are simpler shots.





i say go for it. the skies the limit.
Well it sounds like you can be because you are so tall. I would go to a store that has a catalog and ask about auditioning for it.
I know a few models and i have done a few gigs myself you should send me some photos and ill refer you to my agent
You need your headshots to be professional.


You also need to find a modeling agency near your home.
well get somebody to take photo's of you... and you have to look very sexi in them...





thats a porfolio...
amercas next top model?





lol. idk





try some modeling agency. like one of my friends is in one.





sorrry.
Always stay in shape.And be confident.
try out for something
I don't think it matters that much. Either way it is still u and u look the same

No comments:

Post a Comment