Monday, August 23, 2010

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle people that are too into your business?

I have some family members that are just too nosey. Any suggestions for books or any advice on how to handle these type of people. I don't really like confrontation but I would like ot know how to let them know that certain things just are not their business.Does anyone have any advice on how to handle people that are too into your business?
';Boundaries'; by Anne Katherine is an excellent book. It really helped me change my relationships dynamics with ease with most all of my family members and into healthy ones. The one that follows that is ';Where to draw the line'; same author. These tell you one liners to say that wont hurt anybody and it helps to strengthen you at the same time.


It can be tough because we love these people and know they mean well but if you are an adult, ultimately every decision is yours and only yours. Most people, especially family members give advice with the expectation that you have to follow it and somewhere down the line sometimes it seems to get controlling.


Always follow your heart, no one else's and you will suceed!Does anyone have any advice on how to handle people that are too into your business?
I wish you the very best of luck and am so happy I could help!

Report Abuse



Just ignore them and get on with your life. Don't let them get to you!





Watch Oprah or listen to Dr. Phil!
When I am asked something I believe is intrusive I simply say to the asker ';And why do you ask?';It puts the asker on the defensive and not you. It usually puts a stop to that line of questioning.
Just say, ';That's personal. or I don't want to discuss that - (then change the subject like: How is your sister _____';


They may not like it, but we teach people how to treat us. You don't have to answer anything you don't want to. It's a form of people pleasing. You'll get the hang of deflecting inappropriate questions from experience.





Good luck.
I say two different things: Are you a detective? Or are you writing a book. If you're writing a book, leave this chapter out.


Sometimes you just need to be honest and let them know that it's just a personal part of your life and you'd rather not talk about it.


They might get upset, but in all actuality, it isn't their business, and they will get over it.


I hope things work out for you.
I would suggest not talking about anything personal while they are around. If they ask a question answer it simply and don't get to elaborate. That way you don't seem rude by not answering them.
Well, I usually find a way of doing that without calling names.


I listen to family conversations, and when the chance arrives I talk about people butting into my business and how much I hate it.


You can really do this without anyone being hurt , including you, Just look and listen for your chance to say what you need to say without calling names.


Good Luck , I hope it works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment