Monday, August 23, 2010

Im using Murphy to ask my question:- I need legal advice re child visitation but how much will it cost?

How much will it cost me to get legal help %26amp; court procedings to establish more contact with my daughter. At the moment I have her alternate weekends from Friday at 6pm through to Sunday at 10am but in reality it's only the Saturday that we get chance to do anything as Friday she has tea then bed %26amp; Sundays after bath %26amp; breakfast it time to go home, I'd like to extend this to 6pm on Sunday. At the moment my ex partner will not let me have her to celebrate birthdays or special days even when they fall on my weekend. I'm not allowed to have her any extra time but have to give up my days if ex has a family event she wants to attend. I love my daughter very much %26amp; although only two she very clearly enjoys being with me. I want to ramain part of her life but it is heartbreaking that my ex can change the goalposts with no consideration of our precious time together. I'm excluded from Christmas, Easter %26amp; all holiday periods. I was present when she was registered. Where do I stand? Please help!Im using Murphy to ask my question:- I need legal advice re child visitation but how much will it cost?
I'd say get a solicitor to advise you. If you are good with keeping up your end of the bargain, like maintenance payments, time-keeping, etc., then that will stand to you should you choose to take the issue to the courts. I have no idea of the cost of this, but if your daughter is so important to you, you will find a way to pay whatever is necessary.





Best of luck with this.Im using Murphy to ask my question:- I need legal advice re child visitation but how much will it cost?
Well, I can completely relate to your situation as my ex does exactly the same to me. I have two girls who are 6 and 7 years old and we split up just under six years ago. I have paid 拢40 per week every week without fail and have been battling with her to no avail to see my girls more often. She goes through the solicitors all the time to stop me seeing them costing me money. So I thought I would get a court order.To get an innitial court hearing and solicitors fee it cost me 拢250. My ex disputed all I was saying so it went to a further hearing. If I were you I would get the initial hearing, if she disputes all you ask, then when in court ask for a report to be done by a ';CAFASS'; officer. These people are an independant social government run organisation who see everything from both sides and write reports for you as to what they see at your house and your ex's house. As your child is happy being with you and you have been there they will see that you are a good father and what your ex says is a load of you know what! These people can see others for what they are and as you are wanting to see more of your daughter they will report that you are wishing to spend more time and that you have a good routine for her and enjoy playtime etc. If there are any other issues which are brought up by your ex, cafcass will tackle those aswell seing both sides instead of just hers(which is always what happens isn't it) It may cost you 拢1000 but your child is worth it as mine are and I don't care how much it costs!





Good luck to you mate and I have hope for you to get more time with your daughter.
How muchit will cost depends on your status, employed or on benefits. You may be able to get legal aid, so ask your solicitor if you do. If not, ask how much roughly it is going to cost. It is a sad part of breakups, and the one who suffers in the end is the child.


But, your ex may find a life again and ask you to have her when she goes out, so hang in there. The courts these days like to see the father playing an active role in the childs life, so it s worth a trip to see a solicitor. She will always be your daughter and you her dad. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment