Thursday, August 19, 2010

Can someone give me some college advice &how i can get accepted to a uc? currently a jr in hs soon to be a sr.

hi, i'm a jr. in high school. and i was wondering what's the average scores for sats 1 %26amp; 2, gpa, etc. to get into a uc like davis or irvine. and how much more do i need to improve. please give me contructive criticism since i'm sharing my scores with you, and because i feel like i'm not going to go anywhere in my college life, i REALLY want to get into a UC.


1. my first sat1 (still need to retake):


Critical Reading 440


Math 430


Writing 480


Multiple Choice 45


Essay 8 out of 12


2. sat2 subject (am i allowed to retake the same subject twice?):


-Literature 430


- Chinese with Listening 590


Reading 64


Listening 62


Usage 59


3. my accumulative is roughly 3.3


4. interact for 3 yrs.


5. star testing aka california state testing:


+biology was my highest, even higher than english.


6. sophmore year:


+won 1st place @ the district science fair


+2nd place for county science fair


+apworld hist. (did horribly 1st sem.,C+ sec sem.)Can someone give me some college advice %26amp;how i can get accepted to a uc? currently a jr in hs soon to be a sr.
hmm, you seem impressive although your GPA can use a boost, I recommend that you take as many AP's in your senior year as possible, and try to ace them, if you do ace them your GPA will increase quite a bit since AP's have an extra point (5 instead of 4 pts for A's) you and I have similar SAT scores, make sure your personal statement essays are based on 2 different things so that you don't seem narrowminded, express your struggles with great detail, I suggest that you start a club or 2, and join as many others as you possibly can, I was president of 5 clubs and had my own program as well, my UC GPA was a flat 4.0, I took 7 Ap's through my high school years, I got accepted into UC Irvine, UC Santa Barbara, and UC San Diego, well, I hope this helped, good luck in your endeavors! you can contact me on msn if you'd like: sofia_avetisian@hotmail.com





FYI: for the person who posted above me, getting into UCLA/USC is extremely difficult, I do not know of one person with a GPA below 4.2 who got into UCLA, and for USC, the students who got admitted this year had SAT scores in the 95 percentiles, moreover, your GPA and SAT scores don't determine your intelligence, I have a friend who I think is an absolute genius yet only has a GPA of 3.3, moreover my SAT scores were low too, but I have accomplished a lot in life! your concern and desire to excel in your studies and get into a good university already proves that you are in fact, very intelligentCan someone give me some college advice %26amp;how i can get accepted to a uc? currently a jr in hs soon to be a sr.
You're not like super smart, but smart enough to get into like UCLA probably or USC or Davis. I mean your SAT scores are like average. Chinese really good. I'm Chinese too and soo easy. We should hook up. Just sayin. Science fair is a big plus. But that AP history kinda kills it. It's really not that hard, but that kinda depends on your teacher. What you need is like 200 volunteer hours, and maybe some leadership positions like student council. I regret not being involed in leadership opportunities. Add me to ur contact if u want. I'm same age.

No comments:

Post a Comment