Sunday, August 22, 2010

I need advice on how to buy and try on girls clothing?

I'm a straight crossdresser who is in the process of building my own (small) female wordrobe. I am fortunate to have an understanding and enthusiastic female friend who enjoys helping me.





Problem is, I'm a fairly big guy and she is a shorter/average size girl. It's a bit odd when we end up shopping in the women's section and not in the junior's section where she obviously should be. Sometimes we act like we're looking for her roomate or cousin, but even then I can't try on anything I like! Dresses and Tops need to be tried on, especially since they aren't being designed for me...





Also, I don't exactly live in a big city. So even if I did say what the heck and just ask to try them on, we fear that people would eventually notice that I've been losing a lot of ';bets'; and wearing dresses for a lot of ';fundraisers';, which are of course bogus.





Any advice from all of the girls out there who are kind enough to help their skirt-loving guy friends? Some ideas to avoid? Thanks!I need advice on how to buy and try on girls clothing?
Two words - Road Trip!





Seriously. Buy your stuff out of town. Make a weekend of it. Get a hotel room, go shopping, then come back to your room and get changed. Hit the town or just go for a drive. Have fun!!





If this is not practical or possible, most retail websites have an email link for questions. Use it. Tell them the truth, they have no idea who you are. What's the worst that could happen? They ignore you? Big deal. On the other hand though, you just might get someone helpful and sympathetic and you'll be all set.





One final note; most salespeople and businesses don't care what you are buying, just so long as you buy. With all of the competition out there, most businesses won't want to piss off a cash paying customer by being judgmental. This is one instance where the greed of corporate America actually works in your favor.I need advice on how to buy and try on girls clothing?
try another near by town so you don't have to shop in your own neighborhood.


and as for trying on, you can do it at home. then return what don't fit you.


Then there is also shoppinng online ;)
um... you could always say you're trying stuff on for a female relative who is about your size..





it's sad that you have to come up with excuses!
Shop in other cities where no one knows you. Don't make excuses. I'm just now starting to get somewhat passable (I'm ts, not cd) and I've been shopping for women's clothing for about a year now. I never make excuses. The big difference is that I live in a large city where no one knows me. Businesses don't care as long as you're giving them money for their stuff.
You could always take your measurements at home and then have a salesmen help you or you could just shop online or out of a magazine as long as you have your measurements you can figure out what sizes you should be ordering.

No comments:

Post a Comment