Saturday, July 31, 2010

Can someone give me any advice how to teach my 6 mo old retriever to be nice to a 6 wk old min pin! IM Lost!!?

She plays with the min pin, and of course her paw is as big as her head! Im scared she may accidentally hurt her? Should i put my min-pin in a crate?... i cant do that all day though, and my golden retriever is getting too jealous... Aaaah! What do i do??? I havnt slept ALL night, and i have been carrying my min-pin all over the house, i dont want to!!! Id love to be able to sit down!!!


Please, any advice to give me ideas will be great!


Thankyou!Can someone give me any advice how to teach my 6 mo old retriever to be nice to a 6 wk old min pin! IM Lost!!?
Why do you have a six week old pup? They should be with mom until eight weeks or older!





Definitely keep them separated unless you can supervise. One in one room, one in the other. Min Pin pups are highly fragile. When they do play, then make sure both dogs are corrected for behavior - if the big one is too rough, remove him until he calms down. If the Min Pin is nippy or egging the bigger dog on then remove that one until he calms down.





You don't have to carry the dog all over the house - that's just spoiling it and could create problems in the future. Yes you can keep the pup in a crate - just bring it out frequently for potty and exercise. Treat them both the same (it sounds as if you're spoiling the min pin by carrying it around, which can cause issues or be the cause of them in the other dog) and you won't have as many jealousy problems.Can someone give me any advice how to teach my 6 mo old retriever to be nice to a 6 wk old min pin! IM Lost!!?
You should watch the Dog Whisperer. Dogs have a way of working things out, however, I would put any 6-week-old puppy in a crate if I wasn't watching her. If your 6-month-old is playing rough, do you say ';stop';, or ';shame';? I had a ferret that would pull my shelties hair if the sheltie got too rough. Sometimes they work things out for themselves. Your nerves could be making the issue worse. I would correct any bad behavior from either dog, as dogs want to please you, and they just need some guidence some times as to what pleases you, and what behaviors do not please you. Both these dogs are young enough to train.
That is a risky combo.......You need to NEVER leave them alone....yea, I would get a crate. They may eventually get along but you should have waited until the Retreiver was a well behaved adult to welcome a small puppy. A min pin is VERY fraglile and will get hurt, even if the Retriever doesnt MEAN too....
the retriever wont hurt anything smaller than itself introduce them slowly and crate the min pin for a while and give the retriever some attention as well that will stop the jealousy
Keep them separate.

No comments:

Post a Comment