Thursday, July 29, 2010

MAC make up advice? How to spot fakes?

I have being buying a few MAC make-up items (pigments and eyeshadows) and wonder if they are fake or real. I have being trying to find out on the internet and cannot find any answers.


Should the round sticker on the top state colour or a number?


How should the barcode appear? Any other advice will be greatly appriciated. I have bought my items off Ebay, I am new to MAC make-up.


xxxMAC make up advice? How to spot fakes?
Sometimes it is virtually impossible to spot fakes. The knockoff companies have gotten so good at disguising their product that it has become impossible to know for sure.





I know that I use Bee-Luscious and I bought (what I thought was a good deal) from a discounted company and I got shafted. It was NOT Bee-Luscious!!!! Even though the packaging and everything looked the same it was NOT the same product. I contacted Bee-Luscious and told them what had happened. They told me they really couldn't do anything because the other company had just enough differences to prevent them from suing and the expense of suing would be enormous.





Anyway, sorry this is so long but these scammers really pi** me off!!!!!!





BTW. I read somewhere that like 80% of the stuff bought off Ebay is fake!MAC make up advice? How to spot fakes?
MAC has a policy of throwing out any returned items. If you are buying makeup from another source, you are taking the risk of contamination. Instead go to your local department store or MAC store and buy a product that hasn't been touched by anyone else.
i would stick to buying from the mac site or stores like macys or ulta..


i havent heard of imposter makeup, but in this day and age anythings possible


you could also call mac or contact them and ask them directly that way you get the correct answer
The only way to be sure you're buy real MAC is to go to their counter in a dept store, to maccosmetics.com, or to your local Cosemetic company outlet (CCO, sells estee lauder owned cosmetics like MAC at 30% discount).

No comments:

Post a Comment