Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Need some advice. How to cope with being lesbian?

I am really confused at the moment. During the last months I realised that I am lesbian. I think I chocked my feelings for women for a long time. I am already 29 years old. That isn't normal, isn't it?


In addition, I don't know how to continue. I told my best friend about it and she is really supportive. But my father would never !!!! accept it but he is a very important person in my life and I don't want to disappoint or loose him but also can't be dishonest with him. What can I do? Shall I keep suppressing my feelings for women?Need some advice. How to cope with being lesbian?
Hi Celine, I am going to be 100% honest with you, as I am with everyone.


You are a person in your own right, and at 29 you have the freedom to make the decisions about everything including your sexuality, and it is not as though you were a young teenager,( that is not meant nastily), you are a mature adult, with a certain amount of experience in the world, and it is not something you have decided upon lightly, but even if you were young, it's your life now.


Whilst your father may not like your choice, he should respect it. (I would imagine he made choices his parents didn't approve of, I know I did).


Things have moved on since he was your age, and freedom of choice towards sexual partners and tendancies have moved with them ( not always for the better).


Your father should hopefully realise that the choices you make in life, are for you, and the way you want to be, and more importantly, you are the person that matters here.


If he can't accept it, it is going to be his loss, but you have to live your own life.


Maybe being dishonest with him would be hard, but how much harder would it be being dishonest to yourself.


Good luck, Mike t.Need some advice. How to cope with being lesbian?
hello celine, its great youve made the first step by telling your best friend who has turned out supportive.


Now dad, what makes you so sure he will never accept it?


but do you HAVE to tell him? I didnt suggest lieing to him but say nothing as he doesnt have to know does he?


what if you had a boyfriend you wouldnt be telling dad every time you had intercourse would you.


nows the time to start enjoying who you are and not who people think you are


good luck
No dont hide it. Be happy. Dont tell your father if it will cause major trouble. If your not that close to him then why should you want his approval anyway.





Get out there and have some fun. Talk to other girls on the net if your shy at first.





Get outta that closet :-)





xxxx
How you found that you are a Lesbian? I think you din't have any boy friend so you think like that.





Don't disappoint your father, wait for sometime your mind may change you just don't think about these things for few days.
Im sure if you told your dad he will be ok with it besides he loves you very much and will always love you for who you are not what your sexuality is :)





Keep ya chin up girl its gonna be ok :)
Yes, I think that would be best.

No comments:

Post a Comment