Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need some advice. How do i come out to everyone around me?

It really sucks. The biggest problem is there are SO MANY people around me that are homophobes and I've built up such a reputation that idk where it would go if I DID come out. I really want to cause i want to start dating but I just cant go through with telling ANYONE. My sis would be the only one I could trust but even then that might ruin our relationship. I'm sooo lost. Plus i'm still in HS so everyone around me would completely change their views on me and i dont want anything like that to happen. Can anyone whos been in a situation or is currently in one like this give me some advice? Ive always heard it was but I never knew coming out would be so difficult.I need some advice. How do i come out to everyone around me?
Why do you need to tell them. If you were hetero you you go around telling people?I need some advice. How do i come out to everyone around me?
then be straight
Let me first put it out there that I know exactly how you feel. But on a more important note, make note of who your TRUE friends are. For everyone at your high school, about 0-3 people close to you are trustworthy enough to keep a secret, and probably one person you can truly, sincerely trust. While I would recommend focusing more on building a relationship with another person, this situation really is rough and talking about it could definitely help you be more confident in being YOU. I know the homophobes are.... you know, but if they harass, hurt, or do anything of that nature, this is no longer a battle you can win by yourself. Don't feel like a 'you know what' for talking to the school principal/disciplinarian/etc.. The most important thing is to be yourself. Noone should have to be afraid of who they are but high school is the counterforce. Always keep your head up and try to get involved with others to help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment