Thursday, July 29, 2010

PEOPLE! I need advice! How do I get my partner to accept that I want to be a traditional woman?

I want to be treated like a traditional housewife. I personally don't want options. I want to cook and clean and raise a family. I want to crank out a litter of children we can't afford. It doesn't matter to me that we, like most Americans, are 2 paychecks away from homelessness. We are in debt up to our eyeballs, but so what? I don't care that he could lose his job any day in these tough economic times. How do I convince my partner that this is the lifestyle I demand? This is how I feel I was meant to be. I demand to be taken care of. Always. Thanks in advance for any help.PEOPLE! I need advice! How do I get my partner to accept that I want to be a traditional woman?
you are sooo right! nancy you have so much to share,the world; GWS and all femo's can really learn from a woman like you. What a goddess, legend and good ole girl.PEOPLE! I need advice! How do I get my partner to accept that I want to be a traditional woman?
What's important is that you have his dinner on the table when he comes home after a hard day at work. Don't tell him your problems. He has enough to do without you complaining about every little thing.





If he loses his job like so many people are these days, your job is to type his resume. That's what traditional women do. And keep the children quiet when he's watching TV.
As if your sarcasm wasn't clear enough, it's pretty obvious you don't mean any of this, because traditional women don't have partners, they have husbands. You're obviously much too sophisticated to raise your own children, eat dinner as a family, and sacrifice anything for the good of others. Congratulations.
Reality is a lot people would like to be at home to raise kids with a picket fence and all but reality is that nowadays, both parents work and unfortunately a lot of us have too. So suck it up and deal with it, work towards getting yourself out of debt because it would be worst to be homeless with nothing.
Oh you poor, poor pitiful mess. I suppose I'm supposed to feel what is the term they have going around now for housewives like me %26lt;ponders for a sec%26gt; oh yeah, scum.


Well, I don't. There are women who are worth being taken care of and I guess you're not. And my husband tells me that I'm worth it.


So sad that ';yours'; doesn't feel the same.


And before you start opening up that mouth of yours this housewife isn't above making a few bucks when her help is needed.


Now, I suggest you take those papers of yours and peddle them someplace else.
Do you really know what a feminist is? It's a woman who makes the right choice for herself no matter what she chooses for herself. If that's what you think is best for you then GO 4 IT. Make sure you have the right support. GOOD LUCK KID
Instead of trying to change your partner, go find a nice male chauvinist with a secure job to take care of you. If you must change your partner in order to be happy, then you're not meant for each other.
ummm..well i think you should be a house wife if you think that is right for you. but right now you need to support your family financially so go get a job...
Keep coming here and I am sure you will have all manner of suitors. Personally I like a woman who I consider an equal and not a door mat so I am not interested.
Well then, you are a selfish, narcissist who will be raising a family under a bridge.
Same way he gets you to accept that HE feels very differently. Unfortunately, these things are rarely discussed before marriage!
Cool bashing Nancy, it is very equality supporting of you to bash everyone who you don't like.





It's also very enlightening and a great example for the evil misogynists that you are fighting who bash like this.








Good work.
i hope he breaks up with your sorryass excuse for a human being.


you are pathetic if you would want him to work 2 or 3 jobs.


there must be something wrong with you,


asswipe.
You should sell up whatever you have, move somewhere where its cheaper and you can grow your own food. Then you wont need to rely so much on your partners paycheck.
Go to the library and get a book by Dr. Ed Wheat called ';love life for every married couple'; then read it.You will then have direction...
Nancy.





Nancynancynancy.





Naughty nancy. Tsk.


























But I get it.
You are purposely here trying to insult stay at home mothers, this is not a serious question and you should stop trolling!
You're retarded.
I he loves you, he would understand.
If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em.
Tell him that you don't want to be with him if he doesn't want to have kids


:P


JP.thats mean.
are you serious? thats ridiculous.
You're an idiot. Stop living in the fifties. I feel very sorry for you.
Your an idiot
Troll much.
Um, actually you just sound like a gold digger rather than a traditionalist.
*sniff* I smell troll.
I think that this is an attempt to discredit conservatives. Why can't we all just get along?
You should take some time to think about what you're asking. That's your dream, but maybe that's illogical in today's economical situation. You should wait until he has a better job, so supporting the family all by himself doesn't stress him out. Wait until you can afford kids, or at least have some money saved. It's not fair to put it all on your husband if he doesn't agree with that, and that's not to say you can't reach your dream, but you should consider him too. Putting all the financial responsiblity on him will strain your relationship. Wait until you're both ready.
I would have suggested this discussion happen before marriage. I find it interesting that you want to be a traditional housewife but you refer to your significant other as your partner - very modern. I also wonder at the terms you use like ';cranking out a litter'; almost like you really don't mean what you are saying or are the irritated ';partner'; in reality looking for people to make stupid remarks. I will take you on your word though and trust you are serious.





I understand what you are talking about to a point, I am ';traditional'; in the sense that my husband and I both agreed that if we are going to have children then raising them should be our responsibility all the time, not just a few hours a night during the week. We believe it is both quality and quantity of time, not just quality.





This decision however, takes accepting the sacrifice and consequences of choosing that road....but more than anything it takes both spouses being on the same page. I wouldn't suggest you force your way on him, only perhaps to find some common ground in the middle if he doesn't completely agree with you. If you don't, the children will inevitably reap the aftermath of that discord.





I can't really comment on the being taken care of part...I hate to feel like I can't take care of myself (which was part of the sacrifice)...I guess sometimes I feel like the sacrifice cancels out the being taken care of part. Well, I am just now ';immerging'; on the other side of having young children and am learning to be more of an individual again...so, all I can say is good luck.
If your husband can't afford to support you then you can't be a traditional wife. However, depending on how many children you have, you might find it is cheaper to be at home than to have children in daycare, which is expensive. So long as you can keep a roof over their heads and give them enough to eat, then you can have as many children as you like.





Marriage, whether the woman stays at home or not, usually involves both partners taking care of each other. For example I took care of my husband over the past few days when he was ill in bed with a stomach bug. I could not have done that if I had been at work. The idea that the only way you can 'take care' of someone is by earning money is something I find frankly bizarre.
  • lipgloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment