Thursday, July 29, 2010

How to deal with unwanted advice?

Have you ever noticed if you have a new born or a child at any age for that matter people seem to think they can voice there opinions about what you should be doing? Am I the only one that is sick of this. My baby girl is 3 weeks old and people cant just keep there opinions to themselves even down to telling me how i should wash bottles! Its so annoying!How to deal with unwanted advice?
just say this nicley';well i have a set way of doing things, and it seems to be working for us, thanks though';


or smile and nod...haha





get used to it, it never goes away, EVER How to deal with unwanted advice?
yeah, I know, they mean well. As much as you can just smile, or say ';thanks for the advice'; you're really thanking them for just thinking about you, they don't realize that everyone else on earth is doing the same thing. Or you could tell them something you read about that topic so they know you have been doing research. so just smile and go on with your life. You don't even have to consider their advice if you don't want to, but there's no point in ruining their day, they just wanted to be helpful so be polite.
Yea i'm sick of it too, but as others have said it'll never go away, lol. I try ot tell people as nicely as possible that i know what i'm doin. Which most don't believe since i'm only 16, but i just tell them that while i may be young i still know what i'm doin, and sometimes i'll say thanx for carin but if i've been asked multiple times that day or the person is bein a bit nasty about it i may get a lil testy, but i honestly do try to be as nice as possible, i don't wanna set a bad example for my son.
They'll do it forever... and ever and ever... I've had 2 kids and due to have my 3rd any time now and my mother in law blurts out the other day (after me having two formula fed babies and knowing the issues i went through)- ';i hope your going to breastfeed this time';- to which i responded with ';ehhhh if i can be bothered!!';. Don't get me wrong, with my other 2 I tried to breastfeed and it never worked for me, so i decided that if i can i can, if i cant i cant... but people always seemed to judge me because of it, so i've learnt to react very blaze' to people when they make stupid, unthoughtful or pointless comments (such as how to wash bottles, or making references to my kids or how .what they should and shouldnt do).





Easiest way is to (at first) just let them go, nod smile and pretend you give a rats butt... then... if they keep going, warn them firmly that although their comments are appreciated, you dont need them.. and if they continue on, be very blunt. They'll soon get the idea.





Welcome to motherhood lol!
Thats just how people are... especially women who have children. I know it's annoying but they are doing it with the best of intentions. I would still prefer hearing someones advice on random things rather than getting the good ol ';i hope your breastfeeding'; or ';you're not doing this are you'; thats when i get... ticked!! to the max... i don't think some people understand how to respect people's space! I understand how you feel... but i guess we just have to take it with a grain of salt and pretend like you truely care! lol
Just smile and nodd or depending what it is say thanks, I think Ive got it figure out, or I will have to try that, or I will keep that in mind. People get excited about babies and parenting, especially when they have been there and done that. Good luck~
I really think people are trying to be ';helpful';. Seeing new babies brings back a lot of memories to those whose kids are grown up (and ornery!) Just smile sweetly and say ';Oh, OK';. Or you could say ';scr*w you!'; but that seems like it would be a bad example for the baby!
Well I just tell them to F*%26amp;* Off, but thats not always the best way to deal with things, so Just tell them nicely that you are okay, and you know what you are doing. if that don't work, go to plan B, which is my way, lol. Hormones, got to love em'.
Holy cow!! YES!!! Every old woman I have seen always says something about how I should burp her, or hold her, or SOMETHING! It's like, ';Yes, I'm new at this, but let me learn on my own'; you know??? But, they mean well, no matter how annoying.
I know this is coming to me too! I'm not looking forward to the constant unwanted advice either. Try to block it out and don't listen. Change the subject.
Sounds harsh but sometimes you just gotta say ';Mind your own F-ing Business'; then smile after wards of course you don't wanna seem like a total ******....lol seriously that's what I do...works like a charm....
its normal you need to get use to it it never goes away!


just smile nod and pretend you cear. i know its hard but no ones going to not say anything!


but hay


CONGRATULATIONS



i just pretend to listen all the while in my head im cussing at them to shut up

No comments:

Post a Comment