Thursday, July 29, 2010

Need dating advice: How should I talk to this I guy I really like?

Okay, so I feel really middle school-like by asking this question but I have no experience whatsoever with boys, so here goes:





I am a sophomore in high school and I just took an interest in this guy in my Mythology class. He's Brazilian, really athletic, and loves soccer. He's kinda quiet and really sticks to himself, and he has like two best friends who are latino as well.





My issue is that first of all: I am not that athletic; I can be, but lets just say i could lose a few pounds. Also, I am shy and I get really nervous when I talk around guys. However, I have a hispanic friend that has a class with him, and says that she could talk about me to him if I wanted her to, but I'm soo scared he'll call me fat and say like NO WAY...and then ill be pissed at him (lol). So do you think I should start working out first this summer (I was planning on doing it anyways) and then talk to him in the fall? Do you think we could make it work, with him being athletic, and me more of a bookworm? Or should I go ahead and get it over with in these last three weeks of school and try to talk to him. Or..should I let my friend talk to him for me? I really want to do this myself, but I know that I'll really blow it and I only see him like two times a day...So if you have any advice on how I should approach the issue, I would really appreciate it.





P.S. -should I add him on facebook before or after I confront him? Or should I confront him on facebook?Need dating advice: How should I talk to this I guy I really like?
Do you want someone who wouldn't date you because of your weight? I would friend him on facebook and talk to him just as friends for a little while first. See if you can stand him. And then if you enjoy your friendship, go for it! Good luck!Need dating advice: How should I talk to this I guy I really like?
Go for it before summer or you will wish that you did and do it in person! most guys wont be rude and i think, even if he doesnt say yes, he will respect you for telling him in person.
opposites attrack and that is te truth
You should talk to him and then add him on facebook. Do not have your friend talk to him... it looks like you can't handle it yourself and he might get the wrong impression.





If he calls you ';fat';, then he wasn't worth it in the first place. If a guy has the nerve to say that, he's not a nice guy to have as a boyfriend.





If it makes you feel more confident, work out in the summer and then talk to him. I would hold off on the facebook, because he could reject you because he doesn't know you.
Trust me, as a man, there is only one way to blow it, and it does not relate to this question. Well, sorta.





BUT so long as you are honest and eventually get the point across without boring the poor guy, things will normally progress smoothly.





General tips when dealing with us men:





Short to the point


Detailed, yet not emotionally so


No pinning (meaning, DO NOT ASK US IF IT MAKES YOU LOOK FAT)


Don't manipulate things


Make sure he doesn't have a girlfriend (unless he likes cat-fights)


and here is the most important thing!!!!





Be you.





Otherwise this whole thing is pointless.
SORRY YOUR STORY WAS 2 LONG I DIDNT READ IT BUT I KNOW EINSTEIN WOULD SAY GO FOR WATERVER U WERE TALKING ABOUT
u never know unless u talk to him

No comments:

Post a Comment