Thursday, July 29, 2010

Need some good advice how to deal with a crazy neighbor?

This story might be a little long. But bare with me. You have to read the whole thing to understand how crazy this man is. My dad has live in his house for about 20 years. His neighbor let鈥檚 call him Robert moved into his house about 10 years ago. At first things with Robert were fine. He was a little strange but we were all still nice to him anyway. My dad was very kind to this man. When Robert had surgery my dad helped take care of him. When Robert was about to lose his house my dad went and talk to people with him to figure out some way he could keep his house. When Robert鈥檚 cat went missing my dad helped look for it. And in return Robert has been a total Jerk! Like I said at first he was just very weird. He would watch us through his window鈥檚. The neighbor鈥檚 on the other side of my dad said you know Robert is always staring at you. He had a crush on my step mom and would always bring her cookies and such. He is just very strange. Now my parents and him don鈥檛 get a long what so ever. It all started with Robert spraying pesticides on his lawn. It was making my dad鈥檚 outdoor cat sick so he asked Robert not to do it so much. Robert intern got made and asked my dad not to park so close to his lawn. (my dad鈥檚 driveway is next to his lawn) So that is impossible. He called the cops to report that my parents have 4 vehicles. Which the cops didn鈥檛 care and it鈥檚 isn鈥檛 illegal. He said he didn鈥檛 understand why 2 people need 4 vehicles. He said no one in our family can walk on his grass. When I was 15 he got into my face when I accidentally stepped on his grass to get to my dad鈥檚 truck. When he saw that my dad was behind me he shut up quick. He broke my dad鈥檚 mirror off of one of my dad鈥檚 vehicles. His son called my dad and threaten to all my dad鈥檚 windshields. One day Robert cut down all of my parents bushes in there yard until they were basically nothing. My dad had a feeling Robert did it so he called him and basically said that wasn鈥檛 very nice. That he has done a lot for Robert and all the crap Robert has pulled lately is ridicules. And my dad said he was sick of it. And he said at least you could do is pick up all the sticks you left when you hacked my bushes. Robert said basically whatever who cares. And that the bushes needed to be cut anyway. They hung up the phone and hours went by and Robert didn鈥檛 pick up any of the sticks. So my dad picked them up and threw them in his yard. So Robert racked up the sticks and threw them in my dad鈥檚 yard, well my dad was right there and they started arguing. Then Robert picks up his Rack and starts swinging it at my dad. So my dad grabbed the rack with one hand. And then punches Robert in self defense. Robert falls to the ground. Gets up goes home and calls the cops. Well the cops come and basically tell them they need to knock it off and then left. Well my dad has been basically staying away from Robert these last few months. And Robert has been staying away from my dad. Except he still spies at them through his window. Well last weekend My husband, My daughter, My sister, Her husband, Her son, and I all went to my dad鈥檚 for a bbq. My daughter is 1 陆 and my sister son will be 2 soon. Well My daughter and My nephew kept running around and running in Roberts yard. So we would run after them and get them. But it isn鈥檛 like they knew any better. Well When my husband was running after my daughter while she was in Robert鈥檚 yard. He came out of his house and said where is Frank (my dad) And my husband goes at his house. Why? And Robert says oh no reason sticks his hands up in the air and walks back in the house. A few days later my step mom goes to mow the lawn and the lawn mower wont start. And she trys and trys and still wont start. My dad looks at it and couldn鈥檛 figure out what鈥檚 wrong. So they have someone else look at it. And they said that isn鈥檛 gas in you gas tank. And my parents are like well what is it. We didn鈥檛 put anything else in it. And the lawn mower guy goes I don鈥檛 know what it is. It could be water it could be something else but it sure isn鈥檛 gas. And it basically ruined there mower and now they have to go buy a new one. My dad knows Robert did it. He is there only enime. They mower was by the garage which is right by his house. I told my dad to call the cops. And he said there is no way to prove it. And I said well you better say something to Robert. And my dad was like yea I know but there is no way to prove it was him. And I was like well you should get him back then. Pour bleach on his lawn or something. And my dad goes that is no way to handle this situation. My dad is taking the high road. And being mature. But I think that Robert shouldn鈥檛 get away with it. After all he has done to my dad. So my sister and I want to get him back. We don鈥檛 want to do anything illegal. Any ideas?Need some good advice how to deal with a crazy neighbor?
Fork his lawn! I had a friend take a HUGE box of plastic forks and stab them into someones yard. It killed the grass - but I don't know how long the forks were in the ground. Do it in the middle of the night and have a couple of teenagers help. Then get a lawn gnome and put it at his doorstep facing HIM just for kicks. Have fun!!Need some good advice how to deal with a crazy neighbor?
OMG. Way too long. Just stay away from this guy.
Your father should have handled this along time ago and kicked his A**
sugar his gas tank...never run again.
i dont think people would enjoy reading a story like that..
Yeah a fence for sure! But dont do anything spiteful cause it will only come back on you one way or another! If you want to have this stop just get a fence and forget it!
I'd either get a privacy fence and put up and or cameras installed. Which at radio shack you can get decent cost cameras to go up outside your house.


Yep, he sounds like a nut case!


Good luck to your parents
Sounds like your dad needs to put up a fence! Well, without doing anything illegal, there isn't much you could do really.


I would sink down to his level, if only for a little while and poison the grass he seems to love so much. LOL...good luck.
I dont know if i were you i would just drop it some things are just better left alone. You dont live there any more if you two do something he will just take it out on your dad and it will cause more problems for your mom and dad. I would just start being really nice to him that usually throws them for a loop and give him a cat i think he blames you guys for the loss of his cat which seems to be shortly when most of the problems started.
You could get a restraining order that states that he can't legally go on your property. if you believe that he has tampered with your stuff, you have every right to and the court would gladly give you one. Don't try to get back at him though, or they might be more on robert's side then yours. Stay like your dad, on the high road, at least until you've got the restraining order.
wow that is a lot, keep a journal and document everything! if anything goes to court you'll have it ready!





Put up a surveillance camera when he's not home, have it cover the area where most of the interaction with Robert happen. and save the tapes if there's anything on them. it sounds like Robert isn't going to stop. I'm worried for your kids.





also talk to a lawyer just to ask for advice on your legal boundaries.
I don't know what to tell you but if anyone deserved a getback, it sounds like he does.
OMG! That is the longest question I have ever seen! I don't have enough time to read the thing. Sorry!
i think that you should build a fence between the 2 yards so that they dont have to see eachother...maybe a very tall fence
TAKE BLEACH TO HIS YARD AND WRITE SOMETHING LIKE ';AN A$$HOLE LIVES HERE SO STAY AWAY';

No comments:

Post a Comment